The Ohioans for Health Care Freedom Amendment released their first video to help promote the passage of Issue 3 this fall.
Issue 3 gives Ohioans the right to choose whether or not they will be forced by the Federal government to purchase any health care product. The following is the actual text for Issue 3.
- In Ohio, no law or rule shall compel, directly or indirectly, any person, employer, or health care provider to participate in a health care system.
- In Ohio, no law or rule shall prohibit the purchase or sale of health care or health insurance.
- In Ohio, no law or rule shall impose a penalty or fine for the sale or purchase of health care or health insurance.
- Affect laws or rules in effect as of March 19, 2010.
- Affect which services a health care provider or hospital is required to perform or provide.
- Affect terms and conditions of government employment.
- Affect any laws calculated to deter fraud or punish wrongdoing in the health care industry.